WalthersProto GE U30B - Standard DC - PROTO 2000(R)
WalthersProto #48653 UPC: 616374093670
Conrail #2882 (blue, white)
Walthers Part # 920-48653, p. 65 Walthers 2014 HO Scale Reference
HO scale, $199.98, currently in stock at Walthers This product is on-sale today for $129.98
* Limited Edition - One Time Run of These Roadnumbers!
* Road-Specific Detailing
* 14:1 Helical Gears for Smooth, Quiet Performance
* Five-Pole Skew-Wound High-Torque High-Efficiency Can Motor
* Low Speed Under 3 Scale MPH
* LED Constant & Directional Headlights
* Easy Multiple Unit Operation
* Metal Grab Irons & Lift Rings
* Available With or Without Factory-Installed Tsunami Sound & DCC
* Proto MAX Metal Knuckle Couplers
By the 1950s, railroads were shopping for more powerful units to replace
earlier diesels, and a horsepower race between EMD, ALCO and General
Electric began in earnest. GE took a bold step forward, unveiling its
brutish new Universal series in 1959. Production began with a
2500-horsepower, four-axle unit, known as the U25B in 1960 -- and railfans
quickly nicknamed them U-boats. The success of the new series soon pushed
GE into the number two spot in locomotive sales.
In 1966 a 2800-horsepower prime mover was added to create the U28B. Only
148 units were built that year. Late production units had a shorter nose
and some differences in the radiator intakes, which were carried over into
early U30B production. Late in 1966, GE introduced a 3000 horsepower prime
mover in the U30B. Many features were carried over into the new body
however later production units (the prototypes for these models) had
revised air intakes. Total production ended at 296 units in 1975.
* Early U30B Style Body w/Dynamic Brakes
* Leslie S3-L Horn
* Sinclair Antenna
* Cab-Mounted Headlights
* Large Radius Fixed Cab Side Windows
* Large Hand Brake Wheel
* Louvered Left Side Battery Box
* Two-Color End Handrails
* Front & Rear Drop Steps
* No Footboards on Pilots
* AAR-B Style Trucks
We're sorry; you must have cookies enabled on your browser to shop at Walthers.com
Please adjust your browser settings and reload this page.
Regular hours are Monday-Friday 10-6, Saturday 9-1. Closed Sunday & all major holidays.
Summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day) Tues-Fri 11-6, Sat 9-1. Closed Sun, Mon & all major holidays.
5619 West Florist Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53218
- Get directions.