Walthers Part # 920-60110
HO scale, $439.98, sold out at Walthers
More Variety for Steam- and Transition-Era Railroads
* New Roadnames & Numbers
* Sound & DCC or Standard DC Versions
Sound can be operated with standard DC power pack as well as DCC
controllers. Sound features include: Dual Steam Engine Sounds, Whistle,
Bell, Squealing Brakes, Doppler Effect, Air Let Off (in neutral),
Headlight, and Trailer which mutes whistle and bell for double-heading.
Includes QSI Sound Reference Manual.
* Loco & Tender Electrical Pick-Up
* Improved Tractive Effort - Now With Traction Tires
* Weighted for Maximum Tractive Effort - Pulls 60 or More Cars
* Nickel-Silver Plated RP-25Wheels
* Operating Cab Windows and Meticulously Detailed Cab Interior
* Tender Coal Bunker Style as Appropriate to Road
* Slow Speed Less than 3 Scale Miles Per Hour and up to 59 Scale Miles Per
Hour Fast Speed
* 10-Page History Booklet & Certificate of Quality
By 1917, the arrival of larger and much heavier freight cars had pushed
most 0-6-0 designs to their limits. Realizing that railroads needed bigger
and more powerful switchers to handle these modern cars, the United States
Railway Administration developed plans for an all-new 0-8-0.
Up-to-date in all respects, these big switchers were the equals in power of
many road freight locomotives from just a few years earlier! Unlike some
USRA designs, the 0-8-0 was well liked by the railroads that received it;
175 were completed before government control ended in 1920.
But the 0-8-0's ultimate success came in the years that followed as the
USRA design was eventually copied by 35 different roads. In fact, the last
new steam locos built in the US were a series of 0-8-0s, constructed by the
N&W in 1951-53 that followed the general outline of the decades-old USRA
Closed on Thursday, November 27, 2014, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, Thursday, December 25, 2014 and Thursday, January 1, 2015.
Regular hours are Monday-Friday 10-6, Saturday 9-1. Closed Sunday & all major holidays.
Summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day) Tues-Fri 11-6, Sat 9-1. Closed Sun, Mon & all major holidays.
5619 West Florist Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53218
- Get directions.