Featuring a one-piece body casting, General Steel Corporation's 53' flatcar was one of the most widely used designs, and well liked for its long life and versatility. Many were upgraded for the then new piggyback service from 1955 on, a job some would handle into the 1980s when the last 40' trailers were retired from over-the-road service.
Produced as a limited edition with a one-time run of these roadnumbers, the HO models are complete with factory-installed original style trailer hitch, rub rails and bridge plates, a higly detailed body and deck, a hidden weight for great looks and performance, correct 33" turned metal wheelsets and Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers. Like the protoypes, these cars will look great carrying period trailers, which are easy to model with SceneMaster(TM) 35' (949-2400 series) and 40' Trailmobile (949-2500 series) Trailer Two-Packs, each sold separately.
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Used for piggyback service from 1955 to 1980s
- Factory-installed original style trailer hitch, rub rails and bridge plates
- Detailed body and deck
- Hidden weight for great looks and performance
- Add loads in minutes with SceneMasterM 35' (949-2400) and 40' Trailmobile (949-2500 series) Trailer 2-Packs
- Correct 33" turned-metal wheelsets
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers