Treating passengers to unprecedented levels of luxury and speed, most cars for the Twin Cities Hiawatha service were built in the company's own shops, Treating passengers to unprecedented levels of luxury and speed, most cars for the Twin Cities Hiawatha service were built in the company's own shops, incorporating features usually found only on luxury overnight trains. Ready for operation or display, this WalthersProto replica is finished in the standard Milwaukee Road scheme adopted in 1955 and used into the 1970s, with correct period details and features including:
- NEW - prototypically tinted windows with black gaskets as appropriate
- NEW - Factory-installed grab irons
- NEW - Modeler-installed extended drawbars for 22" radius curves.
- Silver Nystrom trucks with disc brakes
- Notched side sills
- Lowered steps
- Modified ends with new lift rings and diaphragms
- Turned metal wheelsets and correct trucks with built-in electrical contacts
- Fully assembled and finished in authentic colors
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.