In late 1948 the CNW received 12 streamlined "Northern" series sleeping cars from Pullman-Standard as Plan 4146 in Lot 6774. Five of the cars were owned by the CMStP&O. They contained 16 duplex roomettes, 3 double bedrooms, and 1 compartment, and were assigned to the "North Western Limited" and the "Duluth-Superior Limited." These trains were discontinued in 1959 and these sleepers sold to NdeM in 1964. During the interim, they saw lease service, including on CB&Q steam fan trips.