Photo shows assembled and painted model - assembly required.
Constructed without a cupola, these cars were assigned to the LV's 95100 - 95310 series, built between 1913 and 1926 by American Car & Foundry, Standard Steel Car Company, and at the LV car shops. Intended for short runs to the mines and between yards, they measured just 25' long inside, and rode on a short wheelbase of 15' 7". Many were modernized following WWII and served into the 1960s with cast steel trucks, updated safety appliances, AB brakes, and rebuilt end platforms with steel steps. These later cars serve as the prototype for this model.
The model features 100% laser-cut components including custom laser-scribed Birch plywood side and end walls, tab & slot carbody and peel & stick window, door, and trim construction; laser-cut underframe, end platforms, ladders, end railing, and brake wheels; cast resin platform steps; white metal smokejack; fully illustrated instructions with information on painting and decaling, and several fixtures to aid in creating handholds and ladders appropriate for the prototype.