Add classic diesel power to your HO roster in minutes with WalthersMainline F7 A units!
With the arrival of the F7 in 1949, EMD had exactly what railroads needed to begin dieselizing with a vengeance. Geared for freight or passenger service, they were equally at home in either assignment. Over the next four years EMD built over 2200 A and 1400 B units, delivered in a rainbow of schemes for nearly every railroad in America. Tough and durable, many soldiered on into the early 70s and several are preserved.
Based on Burlington units purchased specifically for freight service, the model features a Mars light and headlight, and a 36" dynamic brake fan. Other features include:
- All-New Tooling
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Nicely priced power for WalthersMainline freight and passenger trains
- Factory-installed handrails
- Same powerful drive as WalthersProto locos featuring:
- Five-pole skew-wound motor
- 14:1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Dual machined brass flywheels
- Heavy die cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional lights
- 9-pin plug on standard DC models for easy DCC conversion
- RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers