A must-have freight car for HO layouts from the early 1970s to the 2010s, these WalthersMainline models are based on 70-ton boxcars constructed in 1972 by Evans Products subsidiary U.S. Railway Equipment. The prototype cars feature 10' doors for easy loading by forklift, and the highest roof allowable to maximize cubic capacity under the Plate C clearance diagram. These features made them an ideal choice for high-value shipments of manufactured goods and paper rolls.
- Nicely detailed, fully assembled and affordably priced to make it easy to expand your fleet, features of these WalthersMainline 50' Evans Boxcars include:
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers
- Retooled with thinner stirrups and added door gussets
- In service early 1970s to 2010+
- Perfect for handling all types of general freight
- Correct 33" turned-metal wheelsets
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers