ESU Function Mapping
ESU Function Output
PLEASE NOTE: When operating Walthers-branded DCC-equipped locomotives in DC mode, do not use power packs that exceed an 18V rating. This includes MRC 1300-series power packs which have known issues with our decoders.
WalthersMainline takes the hard work out of modeling one of the most popular prototype diesels ever, with the EMD GP9 Phase II (sometimes referred to as the Phase 2) with Chopped Short Hood in HO Scale! Typical of railroad rebuilds from the 1960s on that are still going strong today, they're nicely detailed, and equipped with the proven power of a WalthersProto(R) drive. Perfect for railroads big or small the WalthersMainline EMD GP9 Phase II with Chopped Short Hood features:
- One of the most widely used diesels ever - based on Phase II units rebuilt for improved forward visibility and in service from the 1960s to the present
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Scale width hood with correct contours
- Dynamic brakes
- Pilot plow
- No footboards
- Rolled-style handrails with no chain cut out
- Ratchet-style handbrake
- See-through steps
- Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
- Five-pole skew-wound motor
- 14 to 1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Machined brass flywheel
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional LED headlights
- Available with ESU Sound for DCC and DC layouts
- 21-pin DCC plug
- Molded drill starter points - add grab irons to your model easily with the GP9 Phase II Diesel Detail Kit (#910-258 sold separately) - read more here!
Walthers has the tools you need for a fast and easy installation too: Click here for Walthers Double Ended Pin Vise!
Click here for the complete selection of Walthers Drill Bits!