In 1902, the C&O developed a standard section house as a place for employees in remote areas to sleep. The two small rooms shared a central fireplace. These houses survived for many years and underwent various modifications; this version is based on the original drawings. They were often seen in multiples.
This kit consists of laser-cut basswood, cardstock, plywood, and positionable doors and windows. The tabbed construction and peel-and-stick window sashes and battens ease assembly. Interior floor and wall are included. The overall footprint is approximately 31 x 16.