Like the prototypes, the model is designed to be turned 90 degrees by hand in a single direction. A final drive gear and micro switches are provided to convert the model into a powered bridge with the Universal Gearbox and Motor Drive Kit 933-1050, sold separately. This unit is fully assembled and designed for drop-in mounting with the bridge kit.
This model also matches the track spacing of Cornerstone double-track bridges, so several could be used to model approach bridges. (Typically, only one moving bridge is used in prototype situations). Double-track abutments and wing walls can also be used to detail the approach bridges and make the scene more realistic.
To prevent derailments on the span, bridges are fitted with special track sections, equipped with an inside guardrail. This detail can easily be added to your model with Walthers Code 83 Bridge Track (948-899 with "V" end guard rails used at each end of the bridge; for a longer span with approach bridges, 948-886 with no end guard rails can be used), which features code 70 inside rails. As shown, the Double Track Swing Bridge measures: 27 x 6-3/8 x 7-9/16" 69 x 16.2 x 19.3cm
- Part of the Cornerstone Engineered Bridge System
- Detailed deck
- Realistic trusswork
- Similar designs still in use today
- Clearance for tall double-stack intermodal and similar cars
- Fits popular modeling eras
- Molded in appropriate colors
- Motorize with Universal Gearbox and Motor Drive Kit 933-1050, sold separately
- Use with Walthers Code 83 Bridge Track (948-886 or 948-899 both sold separately) plus flexible, sectional and hand-laid track or your own rail