Add classic diesel power to your HO roster in minutes with WalthersProto F7 A and B units!
With the arrival of the F7 in 1949, EMD had exactly what railroads needed to begin dieselizing with a vengeance. Geared for freight or passenger service, they were equally at home in either assignment. Over the next four years EMD built over 2200 A and 1400 B units, delivered in a rainbow of schemes for nearly every railroad in America. Tough and durable, many soldiered on into the early 70s and several are preserved.
* Limited Edition - One-Time Run of these Unit Numbers
Based on Units in Service 1982-Retirement with: * Snowplow Pilot * 48" Dynamic Brakes * Rotary Beacon * Single Headlight on A Units * Fire Cracker Radio Antenna * Additional Grab Irons & Ladder Stand-Offs on A & B Units * Modified Fuel Tank Skirts * MU Plug on A Unit Nose * Photo-etched Metal Sunshades & Grilles * Separately Applied Wind Deflectors * Elevated Air Horn * Winterization Hatch
* Great Power for Walthers Alaska Railroad Cars
* Authentic "Bulldog" Nose
* 14:1 Gears for Smooth, Quiet Operation
* 5-Pole Skew-Wound High-Torque, High-Efficiency Can Motor
* Low Speed Under 3 Scale MPH
* LED Constant Headlight
* Proto MAX(TM) Metal Knuckle Couplers