Add classic diesel power to your HO roster in minutes with WalthersMainline F7 A units!
With the arrival of the F7 in 1949, EMD had exactly what railroads needed to begin dieselizing with a vengeance. Geared for freight or passenger service, they were equally at home in either assignment. Over the next four years EMD built over 2200 A and 1400 B units, delivered in a rainbow of schemes for nearly every railroad in America. Tough and durable, many soldiered on into the early 70s and several are preserved.
Based on dual-service Southern Railway units built for use in freight or passenger service as needed, the model features a single headlight, steam generator details and 36" dynamic brake fan. Other features include:
- All-New Tooling
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Nicely priced power for WalthersMainline freight and passenger trains
- Factory-installed handrails
- Same powerful drive as WalthersProto locos featuring:
- Five-pole skew-wound motor
- 14:1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Dual machined brass flywheels
- Heavy die cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional lights
- 9-pin plug on standard DC models for easy DCC conversion
- RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers