WalthersMainline Phase II High-Hood GP9 is a must-have model for your first-generation diesel roster! Outwardly similar to the earlier GP7, and sharing the same boxy, no frills body with its high, short hood, minor production changes in the number and placement of louvers on locomotives built from 1955 to 1957 resulted in what modelers and railfans refer to as "phase two" GP9s. Like it's prototypes, many still going strong today, the WalthersMainline Phase II High Hood GP9 is the perfect power for any assignment and features:
- All-new body style with standard high hood!
- Based on as-built units produced from 1955 to 1957 (Phase II)
- Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Scale width hood with correct contours
- With or without dynamic brakes as appropriate
- Front and rear footboards
- See-through steps
- Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
- Five-pole skew-wound motor
- 14 to 1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Machined brass flywheel
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Constant and directional LED headlights
- Available with ESU Sound for DCC and DC layouts
- 21-pin DCC plug
- Molded drill starter points - add grab irons to your model easily with the GP9 Phase II Diesel Detail Kit (#910-258 sold separately) - read more here!
Walthers has the tools you need for a fast and easy installation too: Click here for Walthers Double Ended Pin Vise!
Click here for the complete selection of Walthers Drill Bits!
Click here for additional information on DCC functions: ESU CV List
ESU Function Mapping
ESU Function Output