Bring all the color and romance of travel by train to your HO Scale layout or collection with these limited-run Deluxe Edition consists. Each replica in the series comes fully assembled with all the features that define WalthersProto models, plus Preiser passengers and crew figures throughout the train, factory installed LED interior lighting, and factory-printed names or numbers as appropriate. Sold only as a complete set, each unique car arrives in the same month as the standard model. Only 300 of each set is produced, and past releases have sold out in a matter of hours - see your participating dealer to reserve yours today.
While the Hiawatha fleet was well known throughout its home state, perhaps no other Milwaukee Road local was more popular with Wisconsinites than trains 12/23, affectionately known as "The Cannonball." A favorite with commuters from the 1880s to 1972, it served as both a rolling social club, and a great alternative to driving the ever-busier highways between Watertown and Milwaukee. Based on the yellow and gray equipment assigned from 1956 to 1972, this three-car set features:
- Over 50 factory-installed Preiser figures
- Silver trucks
- Disc brakes as appropriate
- Notched side sills
- Fixed car steps
- Later-style ends, w/lift rings and different diaphragms
- 85' Milwaukee Road 52-Seat Coach #508
- 85' Milwaukee Road Tap Lounge #173
- 85' Milwaukee Road 52-Seat Coach #545
- PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature a full underbody to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended.