Blending big city excitement, down-home charm, Yankee ingenuity and Southern hospitality, Baltimore & Ohio's famed flagship connected Washington, New York and Chicago for nearly 50 years! The "Capitol Limited" is ready once more to welcome you aboard an authentic late 1950s consist of 10 streamlined cars - most available for the first time in plastic - with matching diesel-electric power, as the newest WalthersProto name train in HO Scale.
* Based on Cars in Regular Cap Service from the Late 1950s to 1971
* 10 Authentic B&O Cars
* Eight Newly-Tooled Signature Cars Available in Plastic for the Very First Time
* New Modeler-Installed Extended Drawbar for 22" Radius Curves
* Real Metal Finish Simulates Stainless Steel as Appropriate
* Color-Matched to Original Drift Cards as Appropriate
* Prototypically Accurate Window Tinting as Appropriate
* Factory-Installed Steel Grab Irons
* Car Name & Number Decals
* Turned Metal Wheelsets
* Proto MAX(TM) Metal Knuckle Couplers
Notes on B&O 10-6 Sleepers
The Baltimore & Ohio had a pool of 14 "City" series 10-6 sleepers built to Pullman Plan #4167. The first 10 were purchased as C&O scrambled to cancel its massive postwar car orders, and were actually acquired before construction had begun. B&O then changed the specifications from fluted to smooth sides. Eight of these cars were assigned to the "Capitol Limited" from 1950 on and can be modeled with these WalthersProto models:
B&O Smoothside 10-6 Sleeper - Standard
B&O Smoothside 10-6 Sleeper - Lighted
Four additional cars built to C&O specifications with their original fluted sides were acquired in 1957, and are the prototype for this model.
Click here to read more about the The Capitol Limited Name Train!
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.