Available while supplies last, with production strictly limited to just 350 four-car sets, Deluxe Edition models for this one-of-a-kind release are factory finished in Pennsylvania paint and lettering, used on cars delivered for testing just before the Penn Central merger was approved. The cars were quickly modified before entering revenue service, making it the rarest of all Metroliner schemes. The Deluxe Edition consists of four cars (two coaches, a parlor and a snack bar coach), with factory-installed LED lighting and a set of Preiser EST team engineering figures inside. Sold only as a four-car set (each car ships individually in the same month as the standard version).
PLEASE NOTE: Deluxe Edition cars will NOT be sold separately.
* Rare Pennsylvania Delivery Scheme
* One-Time Production Run
* Factory-Installed Tsunam Sound - Operates on DC or DCC
* Factory-Installed Preiser EST Team Engineer Figures Inside
* Factory-Installed DC/DCC LED Lighting
* Strictly Limited to 350 Four-Car Sets - Cars Not Available Separately
* One Helical Geared Power Truck & Skew-Wound High Torque Motor in Each Unit
* Working Headlight, Gyra Light, Reversing A-End Red Marker Lights, Number Boards & Interior Lighting
* Detailed, Spring-Loaded GE or Westinghouse Pantographs per Prototype
* Real Metal Finish Simulates Stainless Steel
* Correct A & B End Details
* All Grab Irons Factory Installed
* Factory-Printed Road Numbers
* Prototypically Accurate Window Tinting
* Proto MAX(TM) Metal Knuckle Couplers
Click here to see the video and get more information on WalthersProto Metroliner.
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.