The United States Railroad Administration (USRA) was formed to control rail traffic and to unify the maintenance and acquisition of equipment. From this directive, the USRA developed standardized designs of locomotives and freight cars that would meet the needs of railroads throughout the country and yet would share design aspects to minimize the number of types that would have to be produced. These standardized locomotives and freight cars were based on proven and sound designs and their longevity of service bear this out. These 0-6-0 steam switchers are some of the standardized designs and could be found across the United States on railroads big and small.
* Die cast construction of locomotive and tender
* Railroad-specific details
* Separately applied whistle, bell cords and boiler piping
* Opening cab roof hatches
* Movable cab windows
* Engineer and fireman figures
* Truck chains on tender
* Illuminated headlight and tender back-up light
* Opening tender water hatch for easy access to control switches
* Accurate painting and lettering
* Minimum radius curve: 24"
* Operating smoke unit
2-Rail Gold Features:
* QSI(R) Quantum System features authentic steam locomotive sounds, squealing brakes, Doppler effect and coupler impact sounds
* Full-scale couplers and wheelsets