Step back in time whenever you want. You can practically smell the coal and steam when you turn on the films in the 12-hour collection Steam Railroads.
Trains are great reminders of the past, a time when life moved a little slower and people were that much friendlier. Revisit the golden age of locomotives as you steam to the Indiana State Fair. Then the glory days of the smoke-billowing steam engine are recalled with the Frisco 1522 as it travels to Oklahoma and, in Texas, the former Southern Pacific 4-6-0 #2248, the oldest steam locomotive in the United States still in daily service.
The appeal of train travel for many, though, is the beautiful scenery. Experience all four seasons, from the changing colors of leaves in the autumn and the icy, snow-capped mountains in winter to spring greens and sunshine-drenched views in the summer.
* 12 Hours of Spectacular Steam & Scenery
* Travel the Former DRGW Narrow Gauge Lines
* Ride Logging Locomotives, Freights & Passenger Specials
* See Frisco 1522, Indiana's Nickel Plate 587 & the Former SP 4-6-0 #2248, the Oldest Steamer in the US Still in Daily Operation
* Enjoy the Ride Through Pretty Spring Landscapes, Sun-Drenched Valleys, Fall Foliage & Winter Wonderlands